Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring is finally coming!

It seems the weather in Germany has decided to come late this year but spring is finally here. This weekend was beautiful and I had time to lay out in the sun on the Hofgarten (a giant lawn in front of the castle where my classes are) and to explore Dusseldorf with some friends on Saturday. I went with Katelynn and Mandy, the two girls from Louisiana, Zach (who I went to the UK with), Suzanne and Uliana, both girls from Madison. We explored the city, went to an aquatic zoo, and saw Konigsallee which is a really pretty boulevard to walk up and down. It was a perfect day so even I had ice cream. Mandy and I headed back pretty early, around 5 PM, to get to H&M and shop a little for the 80s party we were going to that night. I finally found some shorts that fit :) yay. They are plaid though so I can't wear them with everything. I also found some tank tops... which are striped. I have an unnatural obsession with stripes ha ha it's like the indecisive person's wardrobe solution though: can't decide what color to wear today? wear two at once! problem solved.

Sanja, my buddy, invited us to her friend Jacky's place to have some drinks before the 80s party at a bar. It was definitely fun to hang out with everyone and the weather held out so it wasn't freezing to wander around in. Didn't make it to the 80s part of the night though, I got tired around midnight and headed home around 1 130ish? The Germans start their nights later since they don't have a bar close and I'm still not used to that.

Today is 2 months that I've been here! Incredible... Time really is flying now. In 3 months and 10 days (I just counted quickly) I'll be heading home. I did plan my next trip though! In May for the Pentecost Break, Mandy and I are headed to Paris from the 22-27. This is the closest thing I have to a life long dream and I am beyond excited. I can't wait to see the Eifel Tower and the other buildings that make up the iconic skyline of Paris... It will be fantastic. The week after that I'll be headed to Berlin with the Junior Year Program. After that I need to take my finances into account and figure out if I can travel anymore. If I can, I want to make it to Poland for a weekend to see the concentration camp at Auschwitz... That's something that won't be a fun trip but it will be impacting and memorable. I also would love to see Italy or Greece, maybe head back to Amsterdam again for a night or two.
Maybe I can travel with Jenny if she makes it here this summer :)

Well now I should go do some homework... It's hard getting back in to the swing of things with school after being off for so long and not really having any assignments but it's nice having a routine again. I really am happy I came and I'm enjoying my time here, I know I'll be sad when I have to leave but at least I, unlike most of the people on the program, have the opportunity to live here again in life if I so choose... :)
love you all
xo
d

No comments:

Post a Comment